Chuckle Chops at Family Fun Day in Loughborough
David Hopkins is the man behind Chuckle Chops the children’s entertainer. He made his début appearance in December 1998. His venture began after agreeing to fill in for ‘the man in a red suit and white beard’ for a local nursery in Derby. He later learnt balloon modelling, gathered a few magic tricks, a ‘ghetto blaster’ and some party CDs. That’s how Chuckle Chops was born! He has now been Clowning around at over 5,000 events. He delights his young audiences with his natural funny style and his amazing ability to build a rapport with the shyest children. Contact Us now and add more fun to your family event.
Being stupid is serious business
David believes that being stupid has to be taken seriously… that is, if it’s to be funny! He committed to train with a number of top professional clown teachers and take part in courses, as well as workshops, seminars and conventions. These include:
- Angela de Castro: ‘How to be a stupid’ 10 full days of intense playful training
- Mick Barnfather’s clown school: Characters and Comedic Play; as well as Comedy and Clown
- Nola Rae: mime and improvisation
- Clowns International – clown convention
- Kidology – annual children’s entertainers’ convention
- Ventarama UK – annual ventriloquism and puppetry convention
- Balloon Jam – balloon modelling conventions
- IBM – magicians’ convention
…And many, many more! This ongoing commitment to training is what helps set David apart from other children’s entertainers. It also helps make his comedy style authentic and believable.
Your child’s safety
In the same way, with a background in child protection (DipSW qualified) Chuckle Chops is equally committed to keeping children safe as they enjoy the entertainment. He is also an EQUITY member and holds
- Enhanced DBS check in addition to
- Public liability insurance to £10M.